R.I.P. Carnuts.us

FIRST, READ THE RULES!!! Discussions of political science, economics, sociology, cultural anthropology, religions oother than Judeo-Christian, social issues and current events.

R.I.P. Carnuts.us

Postby meteorite » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:42 pm

It was a nice try, but carnuts.us has closed down, victim I fear of internal dissension.

I am sorry the choice was made to shut it down so abruptly, with so little notice, but a board is expensive to maintain and if it is abandoned by its users, there is little point in keeping it.

I plan to nurse the delusion, for a while yet, that carnuts, in its .ws and .us and .ca incarnations, met a need and served a valuable function in maintaining a worthwhile community. I will continue a while yet in the hope this proves to be so.

Carnuts.ca is not and never was intended to be a clone of carnuts.us. There are two mistakes we hope to avoid. First, disruptive individuals will not be admitted in the first place, and if they somehow sneak in anyway, they will be removed and barred. Second, since we believe the board is for the members, we will impose such limits on discussion as have proven necessary to preserve decorum, but fundamentally pretty well anything legal that isn't forbidden is OK. Though please do post warnings of material that isn't work or family friendly!

And please be patient. I have no computer training and such skills as I have definitely do not include webmastering. It may take me a long time to figure out how to make improvements. But I will do my best and ask you to bear with me while I do.
meteorite

Re: R.I.P. Carnuts.us

Postby meteorite » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:59 pm

Well, there isn't much point in your posting if you cannot understand what is said and what you read.

It is clearly stated that this is a gentlemen' club. Unlike such clubs, we do allow unrestricted discussion of sex, and impose only such restrictions on discussions of religion and politics as have proven necessary to control flame wars.

I could not care less what someone's opinion may be or how it may differ from mine. They are all welcome to come in and spout whatever nonsense, or otherwise, as long as they are willing to take their lumps accordingly.

What I will not tolerate is trolls - persons with a track record of continual boorish and provocative behaviour. And as you may have noted from our early days, there is a certain margin of tolerance there, too.

But if you are more comfortable in the company of your business associate, then that is where you belong. Just do not diss me in the process of migration.
meteorite

Return to Social and philosophical discussions