Old parts needed

Building, or rebuilding, your own vehicle, including personal experiences, tips and techniques.

Old parts needed

Postby meteorite » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:44 pm

I need some soft trim for my 1973 Mercury Meteor - the dash top pad is particularly critical. Any clues or leads would be appreciated.

If you are shy about registering to post, just click on "email" on the entry page and sent me a note that way.
meteorite

Re: Old parts needed

Postby meteorite » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:29 pm

A day or two ago I also posted my needs on a Mercury owners site. I got two replies from England (ostensibly) and also had this exchange:

Thanks for the mail. I am currently off town but my sectary will be of avail. The asking price is 180USD$$$. You are advice to confirm your mailing address to call it a deal.

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 10:31 PM, Rich C. <backup@iname.com> wrote:

Hello, Jones. How very convenient - I am within easy driving distance of your address, so perhaps you can let me know your price, place where I may inspect the goods, and your hours of business? - b/u
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
To: backup@iname.com
Sent: Sat, Aug 7, 2010 1:12 am
Subject: 1973 Mercury Meteor (Monterey)Rideau 500 (Custom 500) parts wanted - Dashboard top pad tan/saddle colour.(Ontario) in Canada - Reply to backup@iname.com.

Hi, Jones H here! Good day, the precise requested purchase Adverts is
in stock. If still interested, then quote with confirmation of your

mailing address to ease avoid error while processing postage.

Thanks,

Jones Holly

Automobile Spare Parts Importers & Exporter

ADDRESS : Suite# 606, 30, central parkway

west, Mississauga L5B1L3 ,Ontario , Canada.

PHONE # :404-910-527-5.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does it surprise anyone to know that, among other things, there is no "Central Parkway" in Mississauga, and that the telephone numbers there are ten digits with an area code that is not 404?

Most scammers are at least a little more sophisticated in their approach - perhaps I can offer further samples soon.
meteorite

Return to Rolling your own