What Really Annoys Me Is.....

From lifetime personal bugbears to the twit who nicked your bumper this afternoon, here's the place to get the gripes off your chest.

What Really Annoys Me Is.....

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:11 pm

....people who don't use their turn signals. Especially if I'm waiting to turn left, and Joe Schmuck comes along, and turns right without signaling. That idiot made me sit there, wasting gas, when I could've safely turned.
Jay

Re: What Really Annoys Me Is.....

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:14 pm

....sheep in the ''10 items or less'' check out line that have 20 items or so. I can understand being a couple of items over, I've done it myself....but these morons who bring the shopping barge out to the quick check out line....I have spoken up a few times about it. Some of the sheep do not respond in a kindly manner having their lack of counting knowledge pointed out to them. Tough.
Jay

Postby meteorite » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:44 pm

Yes - I think the partial answer is to get an old and very expendable car and then proceed blithely on across their bows - or through them - as they square off to turn without signalling. Like the game of bluff you play with those klutzes who keep trying to bluff you out of your priority when you're on the through street and they are at the stop sign. Trouble is, you need time and fenders to spare, because sooner or later one of these idiots won't get the message and, while his insurance company will have to pay, you will lose a lot of time establishing fault and collecting. And you could get hurt.
meteorite

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:52 pm

This REALLY annoys me-----

Sarah Palin to appear in 8-part documentary on TLC
(CNN) - Former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin will appear in a new eight-part documentary series on the TLC network, parent company Discovery Communications said Thursday.

The show, "Sarah Palin's Alaska," will be "about the remarkable Governor Palin and her home state of Alaska," the Discovery statement said. Its executive producer will be Mark Burnett, who previously was executive producer for "Survivor" and "the Apprentice."

"Discovery Communications is so excited to help Sarah Palin tell the story of Alaska, and to have a great documentary filmmaker in Mark Burnett helping to reveal Alaska's powerful beauty as it has never been filmed, and as told by one of the state's proudest daughters," Peter Liguori, chief operating officer of Discovery Communications, said in the statement.

"We are confident 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' will be another compelling television event," said Eileen O'Neill, TLC president and general manager, in the statement.

Discovery Communications did not specify a date for the series premiere.

Mark Burnett Productions previously co-produced "Eco-Challenge" for Discovery Channel from 1996 through 1999, according to the statement. Burnett was quoted in the statement as saying Palin has "a dynamic personality that has captivated millions ... I can't think of anyone more compelling than Sarah Palin to tell the story of Alaska."

Variety reported on Tuesday the former Republican vice presidential nominee will likely nab $1 million an episode for the program.

I swear to the gods that I will never watch TLC again if this airs.
Jay

Postby meteorite » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:55 pm

That clunk you heard originated way up here - and was the sound of my jaw hitting the floor.

God help America - celebrity, earned or not, merited or not, is the sole criterion for launching major enterprises.

I will not give up my racing and football, but I reckon this goes a good way to explain why I have nothing but the basic channels on my tv and beyond my sports, do not watch what I do have. And will not be buying more soon.
meteorite

Postby Jay » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:26 am

Here's the reply I got back from the Discovery channel when I emailed them. I told them if they were foolish enough to air a ''documentary'' with Palin in it, I would never watch any Discovery owned channels, and would urge Comcast to drop all Discovery owned channels from their line up.

Dear Viewer:

Thank you for contacting Discovery Communications.

We appreciate your correspondence and for taking the time to share your
thoughts and concerns with us regarding Sarah Palin's Alaska on TLC.

In an effort to ensure the highest quality programming, comments such as
these are taken very seriously. Each and every comment is forwarded on to
our programming executives for review and consideration. Maintaining the
integrity of all of our networks is our primary goal. It is these types of
comments that contribute to creating change and improving our programming.

Again, thank you for contacting Discovery Communications.

Sincerely,

Viewer Relations
Discovery Communications

Think they were telling me "We don't care what you think"?
Jay

Postby meteorite » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:57 pm

What gives you the idea they even read it? They just have a piece of boilerplate and insert the right words into it. But they answered you very politely.

By the way, I do not agree with censorship. The more exposure the poisonous people get, the faster they will get found out. They are quite adept at stabbing themselves with their own tongues.
meteorite

Postby Jay » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:20 am

You are, of course, more than likely correct in your assessments. The more she opens her mouth, the stupider she appears.
Jay

Return to Annoyances